Hi guys,

New to this forum. Not new to the technology - but new to these applications and services used at this time.

Would someone be kind to help me in this?

Environment/setup;

(Client environment)
* One DreamBox DM 600 PVR (will have two more in my house IF I'm satisfied with THIS one)
* Image: Gemini Project 4.70
* Several different Emu's as I didn't get ANYTHING to work - funny enough

(Server environment)
* Linux Slackware 13.0 cs-server with two Phoenix card readers
* NewCS 1.66 at the cs-server
* Two subscriptions of TV-channels (ie. two smart cards)

The LAN setup is pretty easy and straight forward. Both units are on the same local subnet (ie. 192.168.0.0/24), and they can communicate via Telnet and FTP - no problems.

The server will NOT be accessible from internet - no port forwarding needed.
The server is setup (currently) with basic basic basic settings, meaning settings with a user called TestUser/TestPassword, a deskey of "01 02 03 04..." etc.. The server IS functional - and I can reach it via its IP address with a web browser. And - the server CAN read my smart cards (the subscribed channels).

BUT..
For some reason I cannot get the DreamBox to work.
I can't get the subscription to work locally at the DreamBox nor with my cs-server. I have installed a few different Emu's but I must be doing something wrong with the configuration. According to what I've read - I should be able to run the DreamBox with the smart card IN the box after installing for example MgCamd or CCcam... or NewCS... right?

And - after some more configuring - I should be able to connect to my cs-server.. But still no luck.

Where would I start to troubleshoot?

I was looking at the NewCS logfile created - and I can see that the box sent some kind of message to port 10000 - but that is the <newcamd_port>. My portnumber for <newcamdserver> is 12000 (as default). But the log doesn't say anything about any connection attempts on that port, nor with any username or anything else..

Please help me not pull my hair out!!!!
I need your expertise!!

Thank you all (in advance) for contributing with your knowledge.

//M