Resultat 1 till 10 av 10

Ämne: DM 600 PVR - Configuration making me go crazy! HELP!

DM 600 PVR - Configuration making me go crazy! HELP!

Hi guys,

New to this forum. Not new to the technology - but new to these applications and services used at this time.

Would someone be kind to help me in this?

Environment/setup;

(Client environment)
    * One DreamBox DM 600 PVR (will have two more in my house IF I'm satisfied with THIS one)
    * Image: Gemini Project 4.70
    * Several different Emu's as I didn't get ANYTHING to work - funny enough

(Server environment)
    * Linux Slackware 13.0 cs-server with two Phoenix card readers
    * NewCS 1.66 at the cs-server
    * Two subscriptions of TV-channels (ie. two smart cards)

The LAN setup is pretty easy and straight forward. Both units are on the same local subnet (ie. 192.168.0.0/24), and they can communicate via Telnet and FTP - no problems.

The server will NOT be accessible from internet - no port forwarding needed.
    The server is setup (currently) with basic basic basic settings, meaning settings with a user called TestUser/TestPassword, a deskey of "01 02 03 04..." etc.. The server IS functional - and I can reach it via its IP address with a web browser. And - the server CAN read my smart cards (the subscribed channels).

BUT..
    For some reason I cannot get the DreamBox to work.
    I can't get the subscription to work locally at the DreamBox nor with my cs-server. I have installed a few different Emu's but I must be doing something wrong with the configuration. According to what I've read - I should be able to run the DreamBox with the smart card IN the box after installing for example MgCamd or CCcam... or NewCS... right?

And - after some more configuring - I should be able to connect to my cs-server.. But still no luck.

Where would I start to troubleshoot?

I was looking at the NewCS logfile created - and I can see that the box sent some kind of message to port 10000 - but that is the <newcamd_port>. My portnumber for <newcamdserver> is 12000 (as default). But the log doesn't say anything about any connection attempts on that port, nor with any username or anything else..

Please help me not pull my hair out!!!!
    I need your expertise!!

Thank you all (in advance) for contributing with your knowledge.

//M

are you using /dev/sci0 as your card reader?

Donator sleddogs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009
    Tackad
    21 gånger
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av Malevolent77 Visa inlägg
    Hi guys,

New to this forum. Not new to the technology - but new to these applications and services used at this time.

Would someone be kind to help me in this?

Environment/setup;

(Client environment)
    * One DreamBox DM 600 PVR (will have two more in my house IF I'm satisfied with THIS one)
    * Image: Gemini Project 4.70
    * Several different Emu's as I didn't get ANYTHING to work - funny enough

(Server environment)
    * Linux Slackware 13.0 cs-server with two Phoenix card readers
    * NewCS 1.66 at the cs-server
    * Two subscriptions of TV-channels (ie. two smart cards)

The LAN setup is pretty easy and straight forward. Both units are on the same local subnet (ie. 192.168.0.0/24), and they can communicate via Telnet and FTP - no problems.

The server will NOT be accessible from internet - no port forwarding needed.
    The server is setup (currently) with basic basic basic settings, meaning settings with a user called TestUser/TestPassword, a deskey of "01 02 03 04..." etc.. The server IS functional - and I can reach it via its IP address with a web browser. And - the server CAN read my smart cards (the subscribed channels).

BUT..
    For some reason I cannot get the DreamBox to work.
    I can't get the subscription to work locally at the DreamBox nor with my cs-server. I have installed a few different Emu's but I must be doing something wrong with the configuration. According to what I've read - I should be able to run the DreamBox with the smart card IN the box after installing for example MgCamd or CCcam... or NewCS... right?

And - after some more configuring - I should be able to connect to my cs-server.. But still no luck.

Where would I start to troubleshoot?

I was looking at the NewCS logfile created - and I can see that the box sent some kind of message to port 10000 - but that is the <newcamd_port>. My portnumber for <newcamdserver> is 12000 (as default). But the log doesn't say anything about any connection attempts on that port, nor with any username or anything else..

Please help me not pull my hair out!!!!
    I need your expertise!!

Thank you all (in advance) for contributing with your knowledge.

//M
    Tried to put the smartcardchip in the slot on the DB with the chip pointing down?

If not you aren´t the first one done that missed that...

What subscriptions do you have?

buggy >> Hi, and thank you for the prompt reply! I'm using /dev/ttyUSB0 as Slackware mounted the reader there.

sleddog >> Yep - I tried that! I had to push it in and drag it out several times on a regular plastic card to be sure actually.. I just wanted to see if it left some marks - and it did.. So.. Tried that - and didn't help.

Hmm.. The only thing that may be wrong - that I think - is the Emu.. I don't know which one to use - neither do I know how to configure it. Is there a quick resolution to just get it started?

Regarding the Subscriptions.. C*n*l Digit*l, and Vi*S*t [Swedish]

Another question.. I don't know if I should start a new thread for this - but I might as well ask as I'm writing. After installing the image Gemini Project 4.70 - the transponders seemed messed up(?) I couldn't find Thor(0,9W) anymore.. But I found a strangely named one at 0,8W.. I searched for the channels - and I got them all.. Just interested to know if someone seen this before(?) And if there's a solution to this?

Thank you both for your replies!

Regards,
    M

Testat med mgcamd?

mgcamd + mgcamd config

I usr/keys (tror jag det är på 600an) ligger newcamd.list, om inte skapa en sådan.

lägg till
    CWS = serverip canaldigitalport user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan servernamn
    CWS = serverip viasattport user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan servernamn

Om inte några emm skickas, testa ändra AU alternativ i mg_cfg
    VU+

Storsnusaren >> Har provat med mgcamd.. HALVHJÄRTAT! Det berodde på att jag inte visste vart konfig-filerna låg.. Klockan 6 i morse var jag för trött för att orka mer och jag tror att jag missade att ens leta efter dem och blandade ihop dem med några andra config-filer. Tack för tipset.. Ska prova så snart jag kommer hem och återkomma med resultat.

Inget annat som behöver konfigureras för mgcamd? Såg på något ställe att någon nämnde något om att ta bort newcamd.conf under /var/tuxbox/config/ om man kör Gemini. Kan det vara något man måste göra likaså?

Behöver man konfigurera CWS_INCOMING_PORT och CWS_KEEPALIVE också?

Tack igen!! ))

Storsnusaren >> Glömde fråga.. Gällande "lan" och "servernamn" som står i slutet.. Ska "lan" vara ett statiskt värde - alltså - ej bytas ut? Och servernamnet - vad gör det för nytta om man inte har en host eller DNS -konfiguration i detta fallet? Tacksam för lite förklaring om du har någon koll på det! Jag har dålig susning när det gäller dessa konfigurationerna...

Som jag fattat använder sig mgcamd endast av CWS raderna och om ingen .list fil finns så letar han i .conf, om .conf behöver tas bort eller ej vet jag inte? Jag har alltid haft den kvar även fast jag satt cws raderna i .list, men att prova skadar väl inte.

incomming port o keep alive har jag aldrig ändrat. (300 o 21000)

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Malevolent77 Visa inlägg
    Storsnusaren >> Glömde fråga.. Gällande "lan" och "servernamn" som står i slutet.. Ska "lan" vara ett statiskt värde - alltså - ej bytas ut? Och servernamnet - vad gör det för nytta om man inte har en host eller DNS -konfiguration i detta fallet? Tacksam för lite förklaring om du har någon koll på det! Jag har dålig susning när det gäller dessa konfigurationerna...
    lan för lokalt nätverk o wan för anv över internet. lan ska även funka om du väljer wan. Servernamnet ska matcha newcsservern precis som deskey.

Någon annan som vet får förklara närmare varför.

Ja just, vet att jag inte fick det att lira när jag hade portnummren för tätt t.ex 15001 o 15002.
    När jag ändra till t.ex 14000 o 15000 så funka det.. Ingen aning om varför??

Another question.. I don't know if I should start a new thread for this - but I might as well ask as I'm writing. After installing the image Gemini Project 4.70 - the transponders seemed messed up(?)
    Har även haft thor som 1W o sirius som 5W för länge sedan. Styrs av satellites.xml
    http://satellites-xml.eu/

Posta din newcs.xml så kanske något "proffs" kan hitta ev fel.
    VU+

This is (obviously) my newcamd.list:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
    CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
    CWS = 192.168.0.50 12000 TestUser TestPassword 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan cs

And my configuration for the server (basic setup) newcs.xml:

<newCSconfig>
    <readers name="Phoenix">
    <device>
    <name>Phoenix Interface</name>
    <type>phoenix</type>
    <mhz>357</mhz>
    <node>/dev/ttyUSB0</node>
    <parity>odd</parity>
    <reset>normal</reset>
    <export>Yes</export>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    <blocksa>No</blocksa>
    <blockua>No</blockua>
    <blockga>No</blockga>
    <crypto-special>No</crypto-special>
    <PTShandshake>No</PTShandshake>
    <carddetect>yes</carddetect>
    <newcamd_port>10000</newcamd_port>
    <autosid>Yes</autosid>
    <Seca-PPV>no</Seca-PPV>
    <pincode>0000</pincode>
    <priority>round</priority>
    </device>
    </readers>
    <radegastserver>
    <enabled>No</enabled>
    <port>14000</port>
    <allow>
    <hostname>localhost</hostname>
    </allow>
    </radegastserver>
    <cache>
    <emm>20</emm>
    <ecm>-1</ecm>
    </cache>
    <httpd>
    <server>
    <port>8080</port>
    <enabled>yes</enabled>
    </server>
    <user>
    <name>admin</name>
    <password>newcs</password>
    <accesslevel>admin</accesslevel>
    </user>
    </httpd>
    <debug>
    <password>newcs</password>
    <level>normal</level>
    <type>init</type>
    <output>file</output>
    <logfile>/var/log/newcs.log</logfile>
    <console_options />
    <file_options>all</file_options>
    <tcp_port>14001</tcp_port>
    <tcp_options>normal,init</tcp_options>
    </debug>
    <newcamdserver>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    <name>cs</name>
    <deskey>01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14</deskey>
    <user>
    <spider>on</spider>
    <rate>2</rate>
    <sidoverride>on</sidoverride>
    <status>access</status>
    <name>TestUser</name>
    <password>TestPassword</password>
    <port>12000</port>
    <au>on</au>
    </user>
    </newcamdserver>
    </newCSconfig>

Problem resolved!

Thank you all for leading me to the correct path!
    I installed the MgCamd 1.35a - and configured the mg_cfg and newcamd.list.

The problem is almost too obvious - sadly.
    The port number was set to 10000 in newcs.xml, and 12000 in newcamd.list

If anyone will have similar problems - send me a message and I will try to help with what I learned during this configuration. )

Thank you all!

Liknande ämnen

1. [Höj ljudet på stereon] Axel F - Crazy Frog
    Av muhammed_3 i forum Övrigt
    Svar: 12
    Senaste inlägg: 2005-07-01, 22:55
  2. crazy frog vs axel f
    Av sonyk i forum Övrigt
    Svar: 28
    Senaste inlägg: 2005-06-07, 19:41
  3. Svar: 7
    Senaste inlägg: 2004-02-27, 01:28

Taggar för det här ämnet

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •  
stöd oss
ComHit.net är en ideell sidan som drivs helt utan reklamintäkter, detta för att du som användare ska slippa all störande reklam och diskutera de saker du är intresserad av.
Skulle man däremot känna att man vill donera en slant för att hjälpa ComHit.net att bli bättre är ni välkomna att donera via länken nedan.

https://www.paypal.me/comhit/
Följ oss