Resultat 1 till 8 av 8

Ämne: ComHem + Tvheadend, is it possible?

Question ComHem + Tvheadend, is it possible?

Sorry for not writing in Swedish, I hope that is not against the rules. I'm not fluent in Swedish yet. Feel free to reply in Swedish if you prefer.

I have done a lot of reading here but I'm still unsure and I'm looking for some advice. I am a Tvheadend user and I'm not sure if it's at all possible to subscribe to ComHem, use their CI+ card and CAM module, and feed the content into Tvheadend somehow. My understanding is that some HD channels require CI+, and there'll be no PC hardware that'll ever support that. Is there any box (Vu, etc.) that supports CI+ and would accept a CAM+card from ComHem, and I would be able to (with official or unofficial firmware) either feed the descrambled output to Tvheadend or run it in the box?

Note that I'm not interested in card sharing or anything similar. I just want to be able to pay for a subscription and be able to watch it via Tvheadend.

Thank you.

ComHit Crew atomizeds avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004
    Tackad
    1 084 gånger
    Hi, and welcome to the forum! It is quite OK to write in English.

Unfortunately I do not have the answer to your question. But perhaps some other member on this forum knows the answer.
    Har du frågor om hur man gör, ställ dem i forumet! Skicka inte PM till mig!
    Använd SÖK i forumet. LÄS Guider och Wikis. Testa!!

ComHit Crew Minimes avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007
    Tackad
    247 gånger
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av lbschenkel Visa inlägg
    Sorry for not writing in Swedish, I hope that is not against the rules. I'm not fluent in Swedish yet. Feel free to reply in Swedish if you prefer.

I have done a lot of reading here but I'm still unsure and I'm looking for some advice. I am a Tvheadend user and I'm not sure if it's at all possible to subscribe to ComHem, use their CI+ card and CAM module, and feed the content into Tvheadend somehow. My understanding is that some HD channels require CI+, and there'll be no PC hardware that'll ever support that. Is there any box (Vu, etc.) that supports CI+ and would accept a CAM+card from ComHem, and I would be able to (with official or unofficial firmware) either feed the descrambled output to Tvheadend or run it in the box?

Note that I'm not interested in card sharing or anything similar. I just want to be able to pay for a subscription and be able to watch it via Tvheadend.

Thank you.
    Thats correct, in order to watch ComHem's HD channels you will need a CI+ module.
    I might be misstaken, but i thought there was some PC hardware that supports CI+ modules?and if there is it should be possible to connect the device to your TVheadend.

Found this card that might be a solution?
    https://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs6...l-ci-pcie.html

There is also miraclebox's and VU boxes that support CI+ modules and has CI slots you that you slide the Comhem CI+ cam module in to on the box.
    Might have to use some thirdparty firmware to make this work.
    Senast redigerad av Minime den 2019-02-25 klockan 14:51.
    Asus EeeBox Slackware 64 15.0 - OSCam Build 10611 - Omnikey 3121
    Asus EeeBox Slackware 64 15.0 - Kodi 20.2
    Raspberry Pi 4 Slackware Arm 15.0 - Kodi 20.2
    Miraclebox Premium Twin HD - Openvix 5.2.040 - OSCam r11532 - (Neotion CI+ CA-modul)
    Sharp Aquos 40" LED-TV LC-40LE600S

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Minime Visa inlägg
    Thats correct, in order to watch ComHem's HD channels you will need a CI+ module.
    I might be misstaken, but i thought there was some PC hardware that supports CI+ modules?and if there is it should be possible to connect the device to your TVheadend.

Found this card that might be a solution?
    https://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs6...l-ci-pcie.html

There is also miraclebox's and VU boxes that support CI+ modules and has CI slots you that you slide the Comhem CI+ cam module in to on the box.
    Might have to use some thirdparty firmware to make this work.
    Thanks for your tips.

Based on the countless hours I spent reading about this stuff, I'm fairly sure that there are no "legal" tuners for PCs that have CI+. Any CI+ device must be certified by a company called Eurofins Digital Testing, and they must give cryptographic certificates to any CI+ device in order for the CI+ CAM to work, and they always said won't give them to any device that connects to a PC — because the output is not DRM-protected. All PC cards are only CI-compliant, not CI+ (CI+ CAMs will work but in CI mode, so if a channel demands CI+ it won't be descrambled). I wouldn't be surprised if there's some knock-off card made somewhere in the world with stolen certificates from some other company, but since those certificates can be remotely revoked that's not a very viable solution. The CAM could permanently refuse to work at any time if it sees a message in the stream to stop trusting the certificate in question.

Any device that wants to become CI+ certified must not output a non-encrypted stream, that's why all the boxes with CI+ support must only output via HDMI (which is protected by HDCP) and won't broadcast the signal over IP, which is what I'm looking for. Since Miraclebox and VU are supposed to be CI+ certified, I'm assuming the only way to do what I want would be by using non-official firmware. But I'm also not sure if third-party firmware will still support CI+ or fall back to CI mode, since to support CI+ they need that certificate that is only on the official firmware.

This is why I posted here. I'm interested in knowing if anybody here actually has one of these CI+-certified boxes and managed in practice to get channels that require CI+ descrambled and broadcasted over IP, so I could feed them into TVheadend. I don't want to spend a lot of money in hardware without knowing if it is indeed possible.

(One way I know it would work would be to buy an HDMI capture card from TBS, but this involves decoding the channel in the box and re-encoding it later again on the capture card, leading to quality loss. I consider it a last resort and would prefer to avoid this route if possible.)

Maybe I should ask in the forums for the boxes in question? Is cross-posting accepted here?
    Senast redigerad av lbschenkel den 2019-02-25 klockan 20:59.

ComHit Crew atomizeds avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004
    Tackad
    1 084 gånger
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av lbschenkel Visa inlägg
    Maybe I should ask in the forums for the boxes in question? Is cross-posting accepted here?
    Cross-posting is not allowed. But you could rephrase your question and post in another group if you want to.
    Har du frågor om hur man gör, ställ dem i forumet! Skicka inte PM till mig!
    Använd SÖK i forumet. LÄS Guider och Wikis. Testa!!

Citat Ursprungligen postat av atomized Visa inlägg
    Cross-posting is not allowed. But you could rephrase your question and post in another group if you want to.
    Right. Well, it's not like I'm in a big hurry, so if after some days I get no answers here in the ComHem specific forum I'll try my luck in the others.

Seniormedlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004
    Tackad
    122 gånger
    I know there was some code for CI+ by someone but it's incomplete and based on old TVheadend version.
    But atleast non-paired channels should work fine in TVheadend.
    You could add paired channels from a Enigma2 box as IPTV stream and get all channels in TVheadend that way.
    But that solution needs 2 cards or a cardsplitter.
    But since it works with all Enigma2 boxes i know of i think Comhem's CA modul work in CI mode only so with a card paired to their CA module seems to be enough for now.
    Multiple channels with a CA module that supports it works after this commit in 4.3 development versions and someone comments that 6 channels works at same time. https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/pull/1090
    Senast redigerad av Leatherface den 2019-02-26 klockan 02:18.
    DM8000CC 1TB HDD DVD - OpenPLi
    HTPC: Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD + Kodi
    Epson TW3200, Euroscreen Black Grey 86"
    ESXi med bla Tvheadend Server + HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC
    Raspberry Pi 4 - LibreELEC
    Revolut https://revolut.com/sv-SE/referral/andreaa5w Vimla https://vimla.se/?202112012015449961 Tibber: https://invite.tibber.com/dc6f62be

Liknande ämnen

1. Tvheadend
    Av 2look4me i forum Vu+
    Svar: 3
    Senaste inlägg: 2017-02-19, 21:27
  2. TVheadend + OpenElec(kodi) + Comhem
    Av Pliind i forum Com Hem
    Svar: 3
    Senaste inlägg: 2016-03-08, 22:39
  3. TVHeadend
    Av bjornsson i forum HTPC
    Svar: 17
    Senaste inlägg: 2015-02-27, 17:16
  4. [LÖST] "se-comhem" fil till Tvheadend
    Av Sonic i forum Com Hem
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2014-10-01, 11:52
  5. TVheadend och ComHem
    Av ZinoX i forum Com Hem
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2013-05-08, 08:55

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •  
stöd oss
ComHit.net är en ideell sidan som drivs helt utan reklamintäkter, detta för att du som användare ska slippa all störande reklam och diskutera de saker du är intresserad av.
Skulle man däremot känna att man vill donera en slant för att hjälpa ComHit.net att bli bättre är ni välkomna att donera via länken nedan.

https://www.paypal.me/comhit/
Följ oss